Gear pumps from Bosch Rexroth Africa incorporate ranges of internal gear pumps and external gear pumps, selected only from world-renowned brands like Bosch Rexroth and SALAMI. This comprehensive range of gear pumps is stocked and distributed countrywide by Group Company Hytec South Africa (Hytec SA).
- Gear Pumps
These Bosch Rexroth and SALAMI gear pump ranges form part of Hytec’s range of hydraulic pumps, each recognised for optimal performance and durability with hydraulic equipment. They are tailored for use with hydraulic applications and can be used in both static machinery and mobile equipment.
Why get your gear pumps from Hytec?
- A single source supplier of reputable brand gear pumps
- Distributed throughout Africa, even to remote regions
- Comprehensive aftersales service
- Complete range ensures the correct pump for your application requirements
- OEMs warranties upheld
- Comprehensive ranges ensures correct pump for your specific application requirements
Gear pump types
Gear pump original equipment manufacturers SALAMI and Bosch Rexroth offer numerous types of gear pumps:
- SALAMI offers a choice of aluminium or cast iron bodied gear pumps designed for use in standard, multiple or customised configuration. They are ideal for heavy-duty hydraulic applications.
- Bosch Rexroth internal and external hydraulic gear pumps have simplified designs and fewer moving parts than most other gear pump brands. This quality has helped these gear pumps rank among the most commonly used hydraulic components around the world.
World-class gear pump manufacturers design pumps according to your application-specific requirements. This makes customised and high-quality gear pumps ideally suited for industrial, agricultural, chemical and general applications.
Gear pumps ranges available from Hytec are ideal for a variety of applications, including:
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR GEAR PUMPS FOR YOUR APPLICATION
OUR RANGE OF GEAR PUMPS INCLUDES:
SALAMI gear pumps include both aluminium alloy and cast iron variants. Designed for heavy-duty hydraulic systems in mobile equipment and machinery.
Internal Gear Pump - 3X
Designed for intense load cycles in heavy industry, the Bosch Rexroth 3X internal gear pump range provides high efficiency and performance.
External Gear Pumps - Series F
With nominal pressure of up to 280 bar, the Bosch Rexroth Series F external gear hydraulic pump features slide bearings for heavy-duty applications.
Additional information on our gear pump range
SALAMI Cast Iron & Aluminium Gear Pumps
All gear pumps in this range are constructed with an aluminium body and cast iron flanges and covers. The 3 gear pumps in the PE range each have 12 teeth, are of modular construction and are compact in design. They are available with flanges, shafts and ports which meet the main European and American standards, and all of them provide high volumetric efficiency, which is achieved by floating bushings and axial compensation.
The 2 gear pumps in the PG range are also designed to provide superior performance and reliability in heavy-duty hydraulic applications. Their construction with large area low-friction bushings provide strength, high gear pump efficiency, and long life in severe operating environments. The design includes an advanced thrust plate and seal configuration, which optimises performance even in high temperature and low viscosity conditions. A double pump with common suction reduces mounting costs allows for a small package size.
- 1.5PE: Sealed with a single shaft seal, there are 10 variations in this range with displacement from 1.4 cm³/rev to 11 cm³/rev. The maximum speed ranges from 5 000 rpm to 3 000 and working pressure from 250 to 170 bar.
- 2PE: Sealed with a double shaft seal, there are 11 variations in this range. Displacement varies from 4.6 cm³/rev to 25.8 cm³/rev and maximum speed from 4 000 to 2 500 rpm. Working pressure ranges from 250 to 180 bar.
- 3PE: Like 2PE, it is sealed with a double shaft seal. 8 variations make up this range with displacement varying from 20.6 cm³/rev to 73.4 cm³/rev. Working pressure across the range is from 250 bar to 180 bar, while maximum speed is from 3 000 to 2 500 rpm.
- PG330: 9 variations in this range, with displacement varying from 23.4 cm³/rev to 80.6 cm³/rev. Working pressure is from 280 to 200 bar and maximum speed from 3 000 to 2 500 rpm. The fluid operating temperature range is from -15° to 85° C, but when used with Viton seals increases from -20° to 110° C.
- PG331: Displacement in this range of 8 gear pumps varies from 23.4 cm³/rev to 80.6 cm³/rev, and the pumps’ dimensions are from 70 to 114.5 mm.
Bosch Rexroth Internal Gear Pumps
This range of internal gear pumps has a low operating noise and flow pulsation, is suitable for wide speed and viscosity ranges and provides high efficiency even at low speed and viscosity. They can be combined with other internal gear pumps, vane pumps and axial piston pumps.
- PGP: Plain bearings and sealing gap compensation provides a longer than usual service life. It has excellent suction characteristics and can be combined with PGF.
- 3X: This range provides high efficiency and performance and is designed for intense load cycles in heavy industry. All frame sizes and sizes can be combined with each other in any form and the pumps are suitable for operation with HFC fluid.
- 2X: High efficiency at low speeds makes this low noise and pulsation range of pumps ideal for wide viscosity and speed ranges. They are suitable for operation with HFC fluid and all frame sizes and sizes can be combined with each other in any form.
- PGF: Ideally suited to drives in the medium-output and medium-pressure range in industrial applications, such as machine tools. It displays excellent suction characteristics and valve technology can be integrated in the cover on request. All frame sizes and sizes can be combined with each other.
Bosch Rexroth External Gear Pumps
This range of external gear pumps is renowned for heavy-duty performance, long service life and quality throughputs, with some in the range available in various configurations. All drive shafts are manufactured to ISO or SAE standards.
- Series U: known for its heavy duty applicability, with optimised pressure pulsation. Operates at up to 280 bar and incorporates slide bearings for heavy-duty applications.
- Series T: Providing high-quality throughput and longer service life, the 280-bar Series T gear pump features drive shafts compliant to ISO or SAE standards and has a considerably longer service life due to reinforced shaft and case.
- Series S: Suitable for line port connection flanges or screw threads, this gear pump series is optimised for noise and vibration reduction. The combination of several pumps is possible.
- Series N: With drive shafts compliant to ISO or SAE standards, the Bosch Rexroth Series N external gear pumps are ideal for operation at up to 250 bar and includes slide bearings for heavy duty applications.
- Series G: A combination of several pumps is possible with Series G external gear pumps from Bosch Rexroth. It has nominal pressures of up to 280 bar and a cast case is available on request.
- Series F: With nominal pressure of up to 280 bar, the Bosch Rexroth Series F features slide bearings and ISO or SAE-compliant designs for heavy-duty applications. It can be connected via a flange or screw thread.
- Series B: Bosch Rexroth Series B external gear pump is designed for operation at up to 280 bar. Various configurations available for high performance and a long service life through its shaft reinforced design and grey cast iron cover.
Gear pump locations
Bosch Rexroth Africa is strategically located throughoutAfrica with branches or representatives located in South Africa's Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Pretoria, Port Elizabeth, Klerksdorp, Kuruman, Newcastle, Richards Bay, Rustenburg, Saldanha Bay, Steelpoort, Secunda, Vanderbijlpark and Witbank. This national presence ensures constant support for all our industrial clients.
Click here for map locations of Hytec’s branches and dealerships acrossAfrica
For our customers outside of South Africa, all of Hytec South Africa'sautomation, pneumatic and hydraulic components and solutions, which include the above gear pump ranges, are delivered anywhere inAfrica via Bosch Rexroth Africa Development.
Hydraulic Pumps Service Exchange Programme:
One of Hytec’s unique service offerings is a hydraulic pump exchange programme. Hytec provides customers with a hydraulic pump replacement, including gear pumps, while yours is repaired. This helps you to reduce your downtime when any of your hydraulic pumps need repairs.
Repair and Maintenance for your hydraulic pump:
In addition to our Service Exchange Programme, we repair, test and conduct OEM-specified maintenance on our entire range of hydraulic pumps through our state-of-the-art facilities.
World-class services and support:
Our range of hydraulic pumps comes standard with exceptional customer support, operational support and range of accessories. Hytec’s commitment to its customers’ hydraulic pumps’ efficiency has made us one of the preferred suppliers to some of South Africa’s biggest industrial projects.
Hytec is only company to provide the hydraulic Pump Service Exchange Programme. Read more about this amazing offer and get additional information on our service and support and repair maintenance for hydraulic pumps by clicking here.
Bosch Rexroth Africabrings the world’s leading hydraulics, pneumatics and automation brands toAfrica!
A gear pump is a type of metering pump
What differentiates metering pumps from positive displacement pumps is their accuracy. Metering pumps have an average accuracy of ± 1.0 percent.
A gear pump is a type of positive displacement (PD) pump. It moves a fluid by repeatedly enclosing a fixed volume using interlocking cogs or two gears, transferring it mechanically using a cyclic pumping action.Can gear pump lift water? ›
A gear pump in new condition can lift 20 feet of water in the suction line. A foot valve (preferably with built-in strainer) is recommended at the beginning of the suction line. For a first start-up the pump should be primed to avoid running dry.What causes gear pump failure? ›
Excessive System Pressure
Pressure and hydraulic shock are also causes of pump failure. Pumps operating under a continuous load at high pressure and for extended periods are susceptible to premature wear and failure.
Hydraulic pumps can last anywhere from 10,000 to 50,000 hours on average. This means that a pump may last up to 10 years if it is used at a steady rate. If a pump is used more frequently or at higher speeds, the lifespan may be shorter. Pumps can also be replaced if they start to fail.What is the maximum pressure for a gear pump? ›
Gear pumps are particularly suited for pumping oils and other high viscosity fluids. Of the two designs, external gear pumps are capable of sustaining higher pressures (up to 3000 psi) and flow rates because of the more rigid shaft support and closer tolerances.How much pressure can a gear pump produce? ›
Gear pumps are typically rated for about 3,000 psi operating pressure, though some can operate as high as 4,500 psi. Piston pumps typically operate up to 5,000 psi and some are rated well beyond that, with some in the 20,000-30,000 psi range.How do I know if my gear pump is bad? ›
Pump trouble is usually characterized by increased noise, increased heat, erratic operation of cylinders, difficulty or inability to develop full output, decreased speed of cylinders or hydraulic motors, or failure of the system to work at all.Can a gear pump run backwards? ›
Which brings us to the subject at hand: running internal gear pumps in reverse. They can be easily converted from one direction of rotation and flow to the other; or even be made to run in two directions of rotation and in two directions of flow.What is the flow rate of a gear pump? ›
The rate of flow of a gear pump is the quantity of fluid actually delivered per unit of time, including both the liquid and any dissolved or entrained gases, at stated operating conditions. Most 4000 series pumps are volumetrically efficient to at least 80%.
Small gear pumps usually operate at a speed between 1,700 rpm and 4,500 rpm, and larger models most often operate at speeds below 1,000 rpm. A gear pump produces flow by carrying fluid between the teeth of two meshing gears.What happens if a gear pump runs dry? ›
Dry Running is an undesirable condition that affects most pump designs and is characterised when a pump operates without an adequate amount of fluid. In most pump technologies, this leads to cavitation and critical damage to the internal pumping elements such as impellers, lobes, gears, casings, seals and bearings.How long can a gear pump run dry? ›
A: Diaphragm pumps, piston pumps and peristaltic pumps can be run dry for any length of time. Centrifugal, rotary vane, and gear pumps should not be run dry; exceptions are if the gear or impeller is made of a self-lubricating material such as RYTON in which case the pump can be run for a few minutes while priming.Can a gear pump run dry? ›
Firstly, the gears require lubrication from the pumped fluid, for example fuel and oil. Dry running without these will cause fast and irreversible damage. The mechanical seal requires lubrication and cooling while the pump is operating.What are the advantages and disadvantages of gear pumps? ›
Gear pumps are less expensive but limited to pressures below 140 bar.It is noisy in operation than either vane or piston pumps. Gear pumps are invariably of fixed displacement type, which means that the amount of fluid displaced for each revolution of the drive shaft is theoretically constant.What is a disadvantage of a gear? ›
Disadvantages of Gear drive
They are not suitable when shafts are distant. At high speeds noise and vibration happens. It requires lubrication. It has no flexibility.
Disadvantages Of Gear Pump:
1) As meshing gears are used, abrasive fluids cannot be used in the gear pump. 2) These pumps are very noisy. 3) The size of gear pumps is limited so it can not be used for large bulk flow rates.
1) When gear drives are in high speed velocity and noise are obtained. 2) Lubrication Requirements: Gear drives need proper lubrication to ensure smooth operation and prevent wear.